TRAPT Pty Ltd (‘TRAPT’) Terms and Conditions of Service
Using our website and making a booking requires acceptance of the following:
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to cause you any loss of rights or inconvenience.
- TRAPT is a fully licensed venue, you must be 18 or over to attend TRAPT and proof of age must be produced upon request. Under liquor licensing laws, proof of age must be one the following: Australian Drivers Licence, Victoria Learners Permit, Proof of Age Card, Keypass, Passport. If you are under this age you must attend with a parent, and the parent must accompany you in the TRAPT experience.
- The game is designed for a teams of 2 – 6 people per Game Room unless otherwise specified. You have the Game Room to yourselves and are not joining a group.
- The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of TRAPT. You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of TRAPT and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant owner’s rights.
- All TRAPT Game Rooms and experiences are original creations and designs. They are not to be recreated in part or in full without the prior written persmission of TRAPT and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant owner’s rights.
- These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by Australia law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australia courts.
- All the terms of any contract are included or assigned to within these terms and conditions.
- We may link to 3rd party websites and we cannot accept any responsibility for this and you use them at your own risk.
- TRAPT collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensure that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
- Due to the nature of the experience, no photos or recordings can be taken inside the Game Rooms whatsoever.
- TRAPT expects our visitors and customers not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
- TRAPT may contact you from time to time with offers and promotions via email or phone.
- TRAPT is entitled to charge the guests for any damage, which is intentional or caused by misuse of items.
- While you are on our premises, you must follow our rules and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our employees at all times.
- TRAPT does not tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees.
2. TRAPT WEBSITE
- The website www.traptmelbourne.com.au is owned and operated by TRAPT. The company holds the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions including any of the contents of the website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- The hereinafter terms apply to the use by any visitor of the TRAPT website and should be read carefully before any use.
- TRAPT does its best to supply you with the most current and accurate information on its website.
- The TRAPT website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website.
- You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of the TRAPT website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
- You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. TRAPT will take all appropriate steps to protect the security of any payment and debit / credit card information though TRAPT shall not be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- TRAPT shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
- It is a Condition of Entry that you have read, accepted, and comply with the Terms and Conditions of Service of TRAPT and sign a waiver prior to using our Game Rooms.
- Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
- It is your responsibility to check that any Games issued to you are accurate.
- Any purchase of a Game is only valid when processed by TRAPT.
- We do not allow transfer of games to another party.
- Games may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Game is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Game or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the Game.
- You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to TRAPT that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
- You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. TRAPT will not send further confirmation via post, text message or call.
- Online bookings can be made only a set number of days in advance. For more advanced booking, please contact TRAPT via email or phone.
- TRAPT requests that all person(s) entering a game will arrive prior to their booking time, session timers will start promptly at the booking time. A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is 15 minutes or more late. In such a situation the money is not refundable and the booking is not changeable.
- TRAPT is not liable for any delays or obstructions causing delay to your arrival whether caused by bad weather, strikes, protests, floods, traffic jams, civil unrest or any other reason. It is your sole responsibility to arrive on time according to your booking.
- The only language available for the conclusion of a booking contract online is English.
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price (with appropriate GST) of a game per person is stated on the TRAPT website in the Pricing section.
- The price is set according to the number of people in a room (2 – 6 persons).
- Bookings can be made online on the TRAPT website or in person at The Basement, 377 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
- Any major credit or debit card and also PayPal account is accepted to make payment.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- If more people attend the game than are booked (up to 6 persons a room) the extra people can be paid for in cash upon arrival at the game.
5. CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- If you are no longer able to make your escape room booking time, please contact us at [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance. If possible, we will work with you to arrange another time, arrange a refund or gift voucher. For bookings within 48 hours, no cancellations, refunds or reschedules are available.
- For cancellation policies regarding full venue hire, please refer to the terms and conditions for TRAPT Functions available in our function pack online.
- If you need to contact TRAPT you can do so using any of the following methods: via email at [email protected] or via telephone +613 9077 7941 during our Opening Hours.
7. SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT
- Each TRAPT player will be instructed before their game by their assigned Game Master. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk. TRAPT is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game.
- TRAPT reserves the right to refuse entry to any person who is unfit, abusive or unsuitable in any way at the sole discretion of the owners and staff of TRAPT.
- Food and drink may not be brought into the Game Rooms.
- To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address as well as show ID and credit card.
- For safety reasons, children under 18 must be accompanied by at least one parent at all times while on TRAPT premises.
- TRAPT recommends customers to wear comfortable clothing for the game. We provide limited places for personal property however TRAPT does not assume responsibility for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
8. COPYRIGHT & CONFIDENTIALITY
- All names, designs and slogans used on the website, in any marketing and at the premises are the copyright of TRAPT and its owners. No use or reproduction of any kind is allowed.
- All players at TRAPT by making a booking agree to undertake not to discuss, divulge or circulate any information regarding the content of the games or any other proprietary information. By playing the games, all players agree not to pass on this information or they will render themselves liable to prosecution under breach of confidentiality rules.